Monday, May 11, 2009

I survived the piggy flu.

This trip is in the books. I had a great time in Oaxaca surfing like a crazy man. I'm still a little culture shocked since I got backed. I haven't found the need to watch TV and its kinda weird having to shower everyday. I met some awesome people and experienced true Mexican hospitality. Mexico has been getting a bad rap lately due to the drug war and the piggy flu, but it a place like no other and a place where I have made many a fond memory.

I was going for style points.

La Jaiba.

Che likes Mexico too.

A dirty ol' jack. We gave this fish to Rosario to make pescadias. It was a big mistake. They tasted very fishy.

The "Snoop Dog" of Chacauhua.

Rickard chillen.

Me pulling into a backside drainer. No, I didn't make it out, but who cares, its all about the tube ride.

Chorro with fishy hands.

This old man had to have some great fishing stories.

The evening walk down the jetty.

I'll take a Bohemia, please.

Burro and the lanchero navigating through the mangroves at high speed.


Duck!!!

We ate like kings every night.

Afternoon siesta time.

Rodeo!!!! pics of the rodeo still to come.

That guy can't wait for some cabeza tacos. We passed.

Old Mexican.

Old Mexican in boat in mangroves.

The boat to Zapotalito

2 comments:

carl said...

you are the man, Keith. i love your mexico reports, wish i could have been there. keep em comin.

Itusotus said...

The photos really show the feeling of Chacahua, which we have been missing many times! The beach and all its people!
Hoping to get to the coast soon and hoping that the new surf skills haven`t been forgotten :)!
Hugs from Guatemala, iitu