Sunday, August 2, 2009

Market Days

Markets are always the first thing I like to check out when I get to a new city. You can really get a feel for the culture through its vendors selling its food and goods. You never know what you are going to find in a Mexican market. Oaxaca City was no different. Local delicacies included BBQ grasshoppers and every part of the cow and pig. The fruit and veg were amazing include tons of mangos, which were in season.


There are 10 different varieties of mangos in Mexico, and I tried every type.
Getting a sneaky photo. I asked a few ladies in the market if I could take their photo, and I got denied every time.


Passing the time.


The had seriously cool leather goods for cheap.


You can practice your espanol vocab. Nieves are like slushy snow cones.


Mole, Mole, Mole!!




There were lots of cool looking old ladies in the market.





This was the interesting part of the market. If you could stand the smell.

Produce right out of the garden.


Chorizo




Non-chemical Chickens

No comments: