Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Oaxaca Dreaming

Have you ever experienced true mexican hospitality? When I left Chacauhua, Judah, David, Tuloch, and I headed farther south into the heart of Oaxaca to do some exploring, maybe get lost, and maybe score some waves. What we didn't know was that in the next two weeks, we would meet some of the nicest people on the face of the earth, and surf 6 different secret right hand point breaks. These places still exist in Mexico. I didn't think they really did. George and your family, Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I will return one day, and my only dream is that nothing will have changed. You will have to ask me personally for the rest of the story and how we found the ranchito. Enjoy the pics.

George, maybe the coolest Mexican I have ever met.

Camping at the family ranch. No water or electricty.

Can you eat that many tortillas Judah?

We found this python under a log on the ranchito.

David chilling.

These were the huts we slept in for free.

Ricardo from Veracruz chilling.

Judah Chilling.

G-What?

The sandy road to a right point.


I love you George!!!

Well boys it looks like we got it all to ourselves.

I think I watched only three waves before I ran back to the truck for my board.

Four friends surfing a very secret mexican right point.

Dead pelican.

Every once and a while "G-what?" showed some size.
Keith off the top.

Judah soul drop!!!

Judah and I


Great way to spend the afternoon.

Carlos from Mexico City.

I love the light a oil lantern gives off.



No comments: