Sunday, March 21, 2010

Galapagos Fuel Dock

On our way to Easter Island we made a quick stop in the Galapagos Islands for fuel. Within minutes of setting the anchor, we had a seal jump up on our swim platform. The amount of sea life here is incredible. These islands are a stunning exsample of how protection and conservation can create a thriving habitat. I will be heading back to the islands very soon and I can't wait do more exploring.


Sunrise



The ol brown pelican.



This wave was breaking about 300 yrds off our stern. I reallt wish is hadn't of been there because it ended up ruining my day.



I suppose the seals and the iguanas are friends.



Swimming iguanas.



I love how she would close the eye so not to look into the sun.



Home.











We coudn't surf this spot because we were on a tight schedule and we hadn't cleared customes. Errrr!!!



Where is the fuel dock? Searching in the dark.







We sat up on the heli deck drooling all morning.



Bruno in denial after a set came through.



Sleepy seal.




























2 comments:

Leanne Zibell said...

what a awesome life you have

yvette said...

your photographs are brilliant!