Sunday, April 11, 2010

Tortuga Bay

We have a new anchor watch system on the boat where you do a 10pm to 7am anchor watch, then you have the next day off. I am not sure how I feel about it, but it allowed me to get away and take this little hike so you won't hear me complaining.




Galapagos has 8 cactus species that are endemic.

The animals of the the islands are not afraid of humans. They have been protected for generations.

These would of been a fine specimen for the cactus garden.



Not even the pelicans care to fly when approached. I love me some brown pelican. These birds bring back so many memories from home and surfing in mexico.

The trail to the beach. The equator cuts through the island chain. Humid.






Snapped this shot of a local surfer. We surfed this wave the day before. Its a fun beach break and its all we scored while in the islands.



Marine iguanas might be the most chillen animals on the planet. They are very entertaining to watch as they all seem to have different little personalities. They sit on the beach and sneeze all day which helps get the saltwater out of their systems.



Grandpa iguana would be this guys scientific name. Marine iguanas leave the beach on the outgoing tide and can swim down to depths of 60 ft.







How man iguanas do you see?















1 comment:

Rachel said...

Such amazing pics... how am I ever going to decide which ones to frame for my casa?