Monday, September 6, 2010

Hossegor for the weekend

I know its cliche, but when in France, do as the French do. Wine, baguettes, public nudity, no showers, tiny cars, and funny accents were all part of the game. T-Pain and I decided last week that it was going to be a while before we get waves again so we went ahead and drove across Spain to go surf. We left in a rush FFriday afternoon after a sweet little bbq at the shipyard. We pushed our little surf mobile to the limits driving 160km the entire way, about 100mph no joke. We got in at about 2 am which was perfect for a little beach sleeping. I lied on my board bag, watched the stars, and listened to the booming surf. It got cold that night and we woke up a little damp but who cares it was a good night.





I look big standing next to that car.


T-Pain (Tristen). Born and raised in Bahrain, schooled in Ireland, and stoked to be waking up on the beach still warm in his sleeping bag.


T-Pain is a secretly very funny dude. Especially when the Arab starts coming out. He had me cracking up all weekend.

Is the water warm?



No, the water is not warm.










La Nord, Hossegor


ooooh!!! fun shories






Downtown Hossegor




Old WWII German bunkers that line the beach. Not preserved historical sights.


Camp spot night 2. I finally got to use my tent.


Breakfast of baguettes.






Two questions. Whats over the sand dune?


And how fast can I run down the sand dune?

1 comment:

Rob Nixon said...

Once again great photos and great story Keith! You have made me even more jealous. Keep on trekking!