Sunday, April 10, 2011

seaweed patch

I have so many pictures that have never made the blog. In the next month or so I am going to try to get caught up so I'll get motivated to pick up my camera again.

Seaweed Patch is a beautiful secret spot in Bali that we surfed often while I was there. It was only 200 something steps back up from the secluded beach to the parking lot after a long surf.

Bruno and I had one very memorable session here where he paddled out only to find a impossible current ripping down the coast. We paddle constantly for about a hour getting to the main peak, grabbing a wave, and battling the current again. It started getting dark and the waves picked up and pushed us down the coast a ways. Lets just say it got a little heavy. We were just trying to get in at this point and get to the scooters and get home. A doogong (indonesian manatee) payed me a very unclose visit that freaked me out even more as he surface about 4 foot behind me and I caught a glance of him of the corner of my eye. The waves were very very hollow, windblown, and crazy. Chunking themselves on a shallow spot in the reef and absolutely imploding shooting air 20 feet out the backs. We survived. Had a good laugh walking up the steps. And stopped three times for cocos on the way home. Good times Bruno!



A more mellow afternoon.

No comments: