Friday, January 8, 2010

Jimbo's, Virginia Key

At the end of the road in Miami, you will find Jimbo's. "Jimbo Luznar is a man. And Jimbo's Shrimp Shack is a place. And Jimbo's Place is....is a state of mind." Jimbo put that well. I sat for a while at Jimbo's drinking cold beer, eating smoked wahoo, and trying to figure the place out. Im not sure what I decided, but I felt welcome. I had a conversation with a lady on crack, got offered pot, and got hit on by two cougers within my first hour. Its not a place to take the kiddos, but is a place where everyone is accepted. There is no other place in world like Jimbo's, and thats why I liked it. Check out their website www.jimbosplace.com and decide for yourself.

















4 comments:

Karyn Hatch said...

You're commentary on this post cracked me up!

Ann Jud said...

Dude, when did you go there? Am I missing something?

Rob Nixon said...

Great post and pics!

Jolea said...

I have been there and strangely, had the same experience....lol. I am home in TX too if only for a week. Headed to New Braunfels to visit the grandparents. Hope you are having fun and I'm sure you made the right decision about going back to the boats for a while. Have fun.