Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Pearl Islands

Ok... first off, I'm not in Panama!!!! Not yet at least. I am still in Austin hanging out with Karla and I have been having to make some serious life decisions lately.

As many of you know, I have spent the last year waiting for what I thought was going to be my dream job. Well...last week I got a call that that dream was not going to happen. Only days before Karla and I were planning a road/camping trip to Florida for me to start work, my world was flipped upside down. No road trip, no Florida, no JOB!!!

Im back on my feet now and ready to start Feb. 1 on another boat that I have previously done temp work for. I can't say many details of the new job, but this boat travels!!! We will be heading to one of the most remote islands on the world next month, and I am looking forward to crossing the equator for the first time.

Karla and I have had to making some hard decisions together, and we realize it is going to be very difficult being apart. I will be on a 3 month on 1 month off rotation with my new job. Traveling is like a bug I need to get out of me. I am ready to hit the high seas again. I love you Karla.

These are a few photos from Panama back in August.










3 comments:

Rob Nixon said...

Sorry about the dream but stoked you found work!

So one of the most remote islands in the world south of equator...Easter Island?

Unknown said...

Hey I'm curious about this remote island too..

Panama looks like paradise in your pics!

Tan
www.CampingRoadTrip.com

scttkrkwd said...

you and karla are too good looking together. however it works out though, just do what makes you happiest.

- scott kirkwood