Saturday, August 14, 2010

Indo Mission Complete

The bad thing about Indo is that once you go there, every other future surf trip is downhill. I went, I surfed my brains out, and I met some cool people along the way. More about the trip in many future posts. These pics are from a few days spent in padang, sumatra. In 2009 they suffered a 7.1 magnitude earthquake that killed five hundred people. It was a very poor place and a real eye opener into indonesian and muslim culture.

After my trip, I flew around the world back to Texas, and then back to Europe. I met the boat in St. Tropez where I had a argument with a man selling ice cream. I was sitting on the dock waiting for my ride when i felt a sudden craving for some gelato. I asked for 2 scoops in a cone. 5.00 Euros!!!! I just had left padang where i watched really nice friendly people climb through trash cans to get something to eat. I simply told the guy i wasnt paying five euros for 2 scoops of ice cream!! I said it was too expensive and it was not worth the money. I then gave him a euro and said take it or leave it. The ice cream was tasty. Im not sure if the man agreed with me or if the frenchmen was just annoyed talking to a cheep texan... Not a very good story but going to indo opened my eyes just a little bit more, and I can only hope that some of my photos will do the same to you.

















































No comments: