Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Oaxaca City

After weeks of constant surf, my arms had had enough. For three days when the surf was small Judah, Ricard, and I shot up to Oaxaca City for a little civilization. I could of easily spent two weeks here. I have never been to a place with more photo opps. It is always so hard for me to leave the beach when I am in Mexico, however, each time I go inland I love it. Mex just has too
much to offer. I hope everyone has a good 4th of July. I still have lots of Mex pics to post followed by some Azores and then a little Austin lovin'.


This is a new favorite photo.


Someone has to do the dirty work.


Most males in Latin America live with their parents until the are like 30. Which means lots of PDA in the parks.


Oaxaca City has a history of supporting uprisings. I am not sure if these are bullet holes, but if this door could talk, I bet it would have some good stories.


There is a big art scene in Oaxaca. Here is a little graffiti that didn't make it to the gallery.


Walking to school.


Yes, the drug wars are real.



From the looks of this photo, this guy must of made it to heaven.




These churches were built sometime in the 1500s.


Street scene.


On the way to the market.


This guy had been sitting on the bench for a while.


Weaving threads.


Oaxaca is known as such a cultural epicenter because all the Indians that live in the surrounding mountains come in each day to sell their goods.


Hungry and desperate.


Shining shoes is a respected profession in Mexico.


Afternoon shade in the Zocalo.







Straitening out the curves.


Mexican electricians have to be pretty smart to be so stupid.


The surfers are here.


Judah and I in the Hilux


View from the roadside pee break.


This guy really wanted to race.


Yep... Not as good as it sounds.


Ahiiii!!!! Chupacabra!!!!! Oh, wait. Its just a turkey.


Oaxaca City turned me into a mole connoisseur.


When in Mexico, do as the Mexicans do.


Mucho pulvo.


Guns.


We passed this guy out cold, laying in 100 degree sun, and next to a empty bottle of mescal. Rough morning.


We decide to ask this dude for directions when our nice little paved road turned to dirt for about two hours.




No comments: