Saturday, June 5, 2010

Orca eating a Turtle in the Galapagos



The northeast has been good, but it is time to move on and get started with this circumnavigation. I will be getting back to Texas the opposite way now, an hopefully not looking back and doing this with no regrets. At the moment we are underway in the North Atlantic. We will pass just to the North of the Azores before we slip through the Strait of Gibralter and on to Palma on Mallorca. I have come to the realization that I am not going to see many family or friends for the next six months or so, and it has made me quite homesick. Yes, Keith does get homesick. Especially during a week when my entire family is getting together at the lake and celebrating Presley's first birthday. I really do miss everyone. And I really do miss you Karla McCorkle. What that girl means to me is beyond words. I hope everyone is doing well and living life to the fullest, being happy, and then helping other people be happy. Maybe even making this world a little better place for all of us.


There was a Mama and a calf and they ended up getting very shallow. You can see the waves breaking over them.




You can just make out the turtle in the orcas mouth.




Thats is the fin or the turtle at one point the turtle got flipper totally out of the water




The Frigates were there to clean up the mess.

3 comments:

Karyn Hatch said...

We missed you, Tio! Trust me, I know how it feels being the only one not there. It sucks. We're all back home now though, so go enjoy yourself and I've got TONS and TONS of pictures to blog! Love you lots!

Ann Jud said...

momma missed you too! Back to boring, HOT, Harlingen.

renaissance said...

Good Stuff.