Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Beach Soccer Domination

And by domination, I mean getting my butt handed to me by a bunch of 6 year olds. I'm not a soccer player. Im just not much of a team sport anything these days. Soccer, however is the best sport in the world because its the only sport that requires just one ball and 4 sticks in the sand. These kids and I had a blast playing on a black sand beach this day in northern bali.

I started off at goalie, where I didn't last long. After giving up three goal including one where I was humiliated (haha) by the dang kid in the red shirt, a some kind of modern indo pele, I was moved to defense. I am apparently not very good a defense either and they soon moved me to forward where i thought i had a few good passes. I even got a high five!!! In a last ditch effort to achieve indo beach soccer "decent" status, the boys gave me a free kick to possible some how redeem myself. Just the 3 ft 5 in. goalie stood between me and bali hindu soccer godliness. 40 ft. over the goal was the result. yep, my soccer skills wont be celebrated by religions anytime soon. By the end of the game all the kids where yelling my name. I had blast.










The peanut gallery. less than enthused.




The chubby guy seemed to be my friend. We were on the same skill level.



1 comment:

Ann Jud said...

I loved these pictures. I bet you weren't that bad. HA!