Saturday, September 22, 2007

Athens

Athens is dirty, polluted, and crowded. There are lots of stray dogs, and it seams like you are in a third world country walking the streets. But like most places that are a little sketchy, Athens has plenty of charm, and it lets you see the true Greek culture and lives of its regular people.
I thought I would never see this place


Everything is Greek to me


Gareth-South Africa, Graham-England, and Damien-France


walking through the La Plaka market

The weird candy man

The only thing this place is missing is a rocking band

This was my best Greek god pose

Hippie purses


I bet this lady can cook a mean leg of lamb


The Parthenon is truly amazing

This is what Steve's uniform would look like if they let homosexuals in the Secret Service


The Acropolis dominates over the entire city

I felt really new standing next to something so old


The fellas enjoying the sites after work


I saw this sign after I rubbed my grubby fingers all over the marble. oops



I should know what this is, but I don't














4 comments:

Sherry said...

I love your Steve comment.....ha ha

It looks like an interesting country.

Sherry

Sarah said...

When I grow up, I hope to be able to see the world like Keith Jud.
Sarah Falls

Einstein Parrot said...

Keith, your pictures are amazing!

The place you said you should know about, but don't... is called "The porch of the Maidens". Located on the North side of the Erechtheion on the Acropolis. Actually, the ones you saw are replicas, the originals are in the Acropolis Museum.
(I'm not smart, I looked it up on Wikipedia!)

Keep up the GREAT Work!

Marcia

Emily said...

Marty and I are going to be waiting on the beach if you want to drop by and pick us up for the ride:)