Saturday, September 1, 2007

Roma

The train to Rome was really romantic, kind of. I learned a important lesson in the 7 hours from Genoa to Rome, 2nd class trains are not the way to go. The beginning of my Roman weekend was spent basically spooning with a rather large 60 year old Italian woman in a tight train car. I was very happy when I finally arrived in Rome, and the best thing was, the weekend had hit its low point, and it got progressively better from there on. Rome is amazing, and I highly recommend the place. It is definitely the coolest city I have been to in Europe. I had a blast walking around and seeing sites all day. That night, since I was by myself, I went on a pub crawl. When in Rome, do as the Romans do. It was actually a organized pub crawl that meets at the Spanish Steps at 9:00 pm. It had a blast hanging out with mostly American kids that were my age. Good times were had by all. anyway here are some pictures.


It took me forever to ask the perfect person to take this picture. She took a good one, and she was really cute too.



The Colosseum at the end of the street




This old guy insisted in being in the photo


The line to see the Sistine Chapel


The Vatican




Rome is the bomb.com


St. Peter's



My favorite painting I saw. Go angels!!




Nice Stairs

2 comments:

Einstein Parrot said...

Wonderful pics of Rome! We spent 3 days there and wish it could of been a week! So much to see, do, and eat! Jeff and I decided to follow in your footsteps ... sort of. We are going on 7 day cruise in the BVI the first week of Dec. We will be going with 4 other couples on the WANDERLUST, a 65' Trimaran with a crew of 6 to take care of us. http://www.visailing.com/catamarans-charters-10guest-2.shtml
Keep up the good work on your blog and read the guide books. Not one of them advises less than 1st class train travel. Italian have no concept of "personal space", like us American! Which I'm sure you are fully aware of now!!!

Kelsey said...

Rome was our favorite city too! It was amazing! I'm so glad you're getting to experience all of Europe. It is an incredible opportunity!